Further Benefits of Calmbirth®
Calmbirth® classes will also teach you:
- Relaxation is an important skill we can all learn that is a vital ingredient in creating a positive birthing experience for all involved. By accessing what Dr Herbert Benson terms the "relaxation response" we can release tension and override the "fight or flight" stress response in the body. This is not only a birthing skill but a skill for life!
- Breathing skills are essential for accessing deep relaxation within the body and birthing effectively. Focused breathing skills will help you work with the uterine contractions and experience less discomfort.
- Imagination & Visualisation are powerful tools to help you imagine the birth you want to create and then consciously visualise it happening.
- Massage and touch are important skills for establishing a deeper connection and bond between mum, partner and baby. Communication that goes beyond words.
- Understand how you body was designed to give birth. Our bodies are finely balanced. Understand the connection between your uterine muscles, hormones, brain and nervous system and how they all work together in harmony to birth your baby gently.
- Learn how your beliefs and attitudes can ultimately have a positive or negative impact on your pregnancy and how you give birth.
- Understand how your mind and body work together. Calmbirth® prepares couples mentally, emotionally and physically for the birth of their baby. Calmbirth® understands the interrelationship between the mind and body – how our bodies react to our thoughts. Calmbirth® uses this mind- body connection to assist couples to replace the fear, stress and anxiety about giving birth with the knowledge and skills to birth their baby calmly, fearlessly, safely and confidently.
- Learn from examples and experiences of other couples who have attended Calmbirth® classes.
- Understand how the journey and relationship with your baby has already begun. Everything you think, feel or do has an impact on your baby whilst in utero. Learn how to make the most of this time and how to enhance those incredible first moments of connection with you and your child, setting down foundations for life.
- Calmbirth® offers a clear role for partners/birthing companions so that they too can feel confident and are clear as to what they can do to support their partner and create a positive, joyful birth experience. And with this often comes a deepening of the bond between those involved.